WHO WE ARE and WHAT YOU’D DO
Bartha is a national event production company located in Columbus, Ohio and we are looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as a Production Manager. As a Production Manager, you will serve a vital role in the execution of our live events. You will be responsible for making recommendations of equipment; understanding the limitations of the gear and systems in our inventory; providing the technical information to the Sales and Creative Services teams; and understanding the client’s vision to bring it to life in the safest and most accurate manner.
- Assign or complete the coordination of logistical event needs including, but not limited to: permits, drawings, security, cross rentals, production packets and schedules, parking arrangements and meals.
- Provide creative solutions within the production scope and budget for assigned jobs and work with account
managers to ensure the budget includes appropriate equipment.
- Confer with the logistics department to ensure that labor, travel, meals and trucking have been clearly handled and communicated.
- Provide on‐site support for assigned jobs, including managing Bartha personnel, all other labor, and vendors.
- Maintain safety and organization on the job site, including accurate log and communication of all changes and incidents during the process.
- Travel for meetings and jobs, as needed. This will include local and/or national travel.
- Participate in weekly planning meetings with the operations department.
- Participate in client, vendor, venue and job specific meetings.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Previous experience, 4-6 years preferred, in the management and coordination of live events. This includes
directing crews on the prep, load‐in/out, installation/strike, and return of equipment for live events.
- Must have a good understanding of all aspects of a live event.
- Ability to produce, and collaborate on, working drawings in Auto CAD.
- Good understanding of rigging, lighting, audio and video production.
- Good understanding of event electric and a basic knowledge of fire code.
- Self‐motivated with ability to multi‐task and perform under deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively on events of all sizes.
- Excellent customer service skills and well‐developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Neat and clean appearance with ability to follow proper dress code depending on event and location.
- Ability to work well under pressure, direct a crew, and respond to on‐site needs quickly.
- Willingness to enforce and follow company policy and procedures.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- This position requires working in a warehouse environment, office environment, and on‐location at various venues.
- Standing for long periods of time on concrete floors and lifting or moving equipment of at least 50 pounds is required.
- Working hours will include early mornings, late nights, and weekends. Overnight travel will be required.
This full-time position will offer paid time off, paid holidays, company mobile phone, health insurance, 401(k) and other benefits after a short waiting period. We look forward to hearing from you!
HOW TO APPLY
You can send your resume, cover letter, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.