- Prepare, transport, set up, operate and tear down audio visual systems for events and functions such as meetings, breakout rooms and presentations.
- Ensure the safe transfer, loading and unloading of all equipment.
- Ensure the safety, security and operation of all equipment.
- Ensure equipment is installed according to designated layout.
- Follow cues, as established by the client, account manager and producer, to maintain the high standards of quality established for the production’s aesthetics and creative vision.
- Ensure the safe transportation, return, storage and integrity of equipment.
- Act as breakout crew chief, when needed, by directing and assisting local crews.
- Act as breakout coordinator, when needed. This includes reviewing quoted jobs to ensure the equipment offered is appropriate for the venue and size by working with the production manager or lighting department manager.
- Provide creative solutions for convention services, as needed, on events of all sizes.
- Maintain and repair breakout equipment and related systems or send in equipment for repairs as needed or as directed by the breakout department manager.
- Drive company truck (no CDL required).
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience, 2-4 years preferred, assempbling operating audio visual equipment, including mixers, projectors, lighting trees, microphones and computers.
- Basic understanding of electrical principles, formulas, drawings and basic computer literacy.
- Ability to use and understand various types of testing equipment, tools and meters.
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and perform under deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively on events of all sizes.
- Excellent customer service skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Neat and clean appearance with ability to follow proper dress code depending on event and location.
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record.
This position requires working in a warehouse environment as well as on-location at various venues. Standing for long periods of time on concrete floors and lifting or moving equipment of at least 50 pounds is required. You must have the ability to climb and work at heights in excess of 10 feet and working hours will include early mornings, late nights and weekends. Overnight travel will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
You can send your resume, cover letter, and references to: email@example.com.